GRANTS & DISTRIBUTIONS OFFICER
The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba, founded in 1964, is a public foundation and the Winnipeg Jewish community’s endowment fund, with assets in excess of $80 million. The Foundation is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced, highly-motivated individual to fill the position of Grants & Distributions Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Grants & Distributions Officer will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and administering the various granting, and scholarship functions stewarded by the Foundation;
- Preparing summarized grant submissions/recommendations to the various granting committees;
- Perform site visits of grant applicants as required;
- Ensure successful applicants comply with granting direction as required;
- Work with community organizations to promote and educate the production of good quality applications;
- Assist community organizations in sourcing funding alternatives;
- Coordinating and identifying donor-recommended funds to determine interest in supporting specific grant applications.
Qualifications and Skills
As the ideal candidate, you are the “ambassador” for the Foundation in the granting area. You are highly organized, have a flexible attitude, and are self-motivated, manage efficiently, and at the same time possess sensitivity to grant applicants and funding entities, including a commitment to confidentiality. You are confident in making presentations to committees and speaking publicly.
Significant qualifications include:
1. Previous experience in a Grants Officer role;
2. In-depth knowledge of the not-for-profit sector; especially the structure and role of funding organizations;
3. An understanding of fundraising principles and techniques, particularly relative to Canadian practices;
4. Strong interpersonal, management and presentations skills;
5. An intermediate ability to analyze financial statements;
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as strong public speaking ability;
7. Strong computer skills - particular knowledge of at least one fundraising software package, preferably Raisers Edge would be an advantage;
8. Proven ability to work independently as well as with a team;
9. Highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks;
10. Flexibility in work schedule
Salary and Benefits Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and pension.
Interested parties may submit their applications, including salary expectations in writing or by email no later than June 30, 2013 to:
Ian Barnes, CGA
Jewish Foundation of Manitoba
123 Doncaster Street, Suite C400
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3N 2B2
Please note: Applications WILL NOT be accepted by fax or through email@example.com.
We thank all who apply, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.