Bar/Bat Mitzvah Funds
The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba is premised on the theme of building for the future. Recognizing that the next generation IS the future, the Foundation has introduced Bar/Bat Mitzvah funds - an opportunity for young people to gain experience with endowment giving, and to begin to plant for the future.
Bar/Bat Mitzvah funds teach children about the importance of giving tzedakah and provide them with the opportunity to effect positive change in their community.
Participants gain and understanding of community needs, earn the satisfaction of contributing to the community, and get started on a life-long path of meaningful giving.
Click here to read our Bar/Bat Mitzvah fund FAQs.
In 2016, JFM Bar/Bat Mitzvah fundholders distributed $20,887.00 to 51 different organizations including $11,127.00 to the JFM's Jewish Community Campership Fund.
These organizations were:
- Adas Yeshurun Herzlia Congregation
- Alzheimer Society of Manitoba
- B’nai Brith Jewish Community Camp
- Birthday Buddies
- Camp Massad Manitoba
- Canadian Feed the Children
- Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University
- Canadian Magen David Adom for Israel
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Manitoba & Winnipeg
- CancerCare Manitoba Foundation
- Chabad Lubavitch of Winnipeg
- Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
- Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- Combined Jewish Appeal
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- D’Arcy’s Animal Rescue Centre
- Free the Children
- Friends of the Canadian
- Museum for Human Rights
- Gray Academy of Jewish Education
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Manitoba
- International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Jewish Child and Family Service
- Jewish Federation of Winnipeg
- Jewish Federations of Canada – United Israel Appeal
- Jewish National Fund
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- KidSport Manitoba
- Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- OHEYS Autism Programs
- Rady Jewish Community Centre
- Rainbow Resource Centre
- Ronald McDonald House
- Sanctuary House of Prayer (Winnipeg)
- SickKids Foundation
- Siloam Mission
- St.Amant Foundation
- St. John’s - Ravenscourt School
- The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada – Manitoba
- United Israel Appeal Canada
- University of Manitoba
- Villa Rosa
- WaterAid Canada
- Winnipeg Harvest
- Winnipeg Humane Society
- Winnipeg Jewish Theatre
- Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter
Please consider opening a Bar or Bat Mitzvah Fund. The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba will be happy to provide you with an enclosure card for your invitation. The card describes the program for your guests.
If you would like to open a Bar/Bat Mitzvah Fund, please contact Rob Berkowits, Director of Development & Gift Planning, at the Foundation office by telephone at 204.477.7522 or toll-free from the US/Canada at 1.855.284.1918 or by email at email@example.com.