In 2015, the Jewish Foundation of Manitoba received a large bequest from the estate of Irma Penn (z''l). Her bequest asked that a portion of the annual net income be used for Jewish education. As a result, JFM is launching the Irma Penn Jewish Educational Grant Pilot Project and will be accepting proposals up to $35,000 in order to find a qualified project to fulfill our donor’s wishes.
The goal of the Irma Penn Jewish Educational Grant Pilot Project will be to fund a project or projects that:
has/have a strong Jewish educational component;
- is/are innovative, creative, new, bold and exciting;
- will have a lasting impact on the Jewish and/or general community in Manitoba;
- has/have never been attempted before due to the unavailability of funding.
Submission Guidelines & Requirements:
- Only charitable organizations with prior experience on projects should submit proposals.
- Organizations must list at least two projects that demonstrate the ability of the organization to carry out the proposal.
- Two references should be included.
- A technical proposal of no more than five pages must be provided and must provide:
- an overview of the proposed project as well as the résumé of all key personnel performing the work;
- a proposed schedule and milestones as applicable. In addition the proposal should include a description of the evaluation procedure including direct and indirect measurements of success and impact;
- a project budget of no more than four pages - this budget proposal should indicate all expenses related to the project as well any revenues from other revenue streams if applicable. (Applicants should state if they are applying for multi‐year funding)
- Proposals must be signed by a representative that is authorized to commit to the organization’s proposal.
- If your organization has a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with the proposal. (All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation)
- Proposals must remain valid for a period of 150 days.
Organizations intent on submitting a proposal will need to notify Marla Aronovitch, Grants & Distributions Officer, either by email or by telephone at 204.480.7557 or toll-free from the US/Canada at 1.855.284.1918 prior to January 15, 2018.
Proposals must be received prior to February 15, 2018, to be considered.
Please note - The JFM anticipates selecting at least two organizations with which to have further discussion. The JFM will make an award to one of these organizations.