Community Grants are awarded twice a year. The deadlines for applications are June 15 and December 15. Applications are accepted for one month prior to each specific deadline.
These types of grants are only available to registered charities in Manitoba. They must fund projects within Manitoba. Please note: The average grant amount for a general community organization is approximately $8,000.
Community Grant Guidelines
- Only registered charities in Manitoba are eligible for grants from the Jewish Foundation of Manitoba;
- Projects must benefit the Jewish community and/or the general community in Manitoba;
- Pilot projects must provide a plan for future funding beyond the pilot stage;
- Projects will only be funded once.
Preference is given to projects that:
- Address community priorities and issues;
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources;
- Strengthen internal management capabilities of the applicant;
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement;
- Demonstrate innovative approaches and techniques to resolve community problems.
Grants are not made for:
Note ‐ a limited pool of dollars will be available annually for Jewish community projects, which may be ongoing projects or programs (this does not include operating costs).
- Costs occurring prior to notification of grant approval;
- Fundraising appeals such as memberships and sponsorships;
- Ongoing operations of an organization;
Click here to download a copy of the JFM Community Grant guidelines.
Performing Arts Opportunities – In respect to arts organizations only:
Performing arts organization projects (plays, opera, art exhibitions, symphonies, and ballets) are considered operating projects as it is the mandate of these organizations to produce art. Grant applications will be accepted for these operating projects providing the project has Judaic content and/or special significance to the community at large.